Friday, February 8, 2013

Challenged in the Garden

Fireblossom and Mary gave us Toads some intriguing challenges this week, over in the Garden.

Fireblossom gave us a list of words to conjure up a poem.  She asked us to write an "A" list poem.

Write a poem using any of the following:

*any of the five-word sets

*use any combination of words from any of the sets

*use just ONE word

*or use ALL the words  

I chose this list: 
 

dignity
woven
innocence
desire
exploring








Crocheted dignity's
golden threads
  with glints of sentiment
exploring the winds of change
a web of desire
woven into my heart's innocence
exploring Rose hip hope
touching others
outlined with yellow wings
my sunny face outshines the moon



© Ellen Wilson







Mary challenged us to write a poem about Love, with a twist.
 
I would like you to do is to write a 'love poem' to / about something that you don't love in the least. In actuality, something you detest!  (yikes)



GET A LIFE


Red comb through
silver laced hair
mottles her dark mood
like mold it breeds
brooders
 she waits, watches

pecking, poking and peeking
her flighty mood
strikes and she clacks and clucks her
tongue to all, in her depths
She's a different breed
Ruffled feathers is her norm
She is a flight risk n' 
needs to get a life!


© Ellen Wilson




Yes, I am not a fan of gossip!






19 comments:

  1. My sunny face outshines the moon..

    I love that line, Ella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;D Thank you! I didn't feel well, yesterday and realized later, I messed up the prompt! I'll try again...

      Delete
  2. I love it ... beautifully woven lines !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, the GOSSIP one made me laugh when I saw the clucking hen picture at the bottom...and then when I reread I noticed 'a flight risk.' Very, very clever wording throughout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, but I didn't do the prompt right! I will try the love/hate idea again~ Yesterday, really was a bear for me. I think all this fun, I'm having is making me ill! lol

      Delete
  4. my sunny face outshines the moon

    ... love that, Ella... and I agree, gossip is horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie :D

      I grew up with two of our neighbors, right next door, like this! It drove me nuts-why, who was that, blah, blah...
      Get a life...I think is is sad!

      Delete
  5. 'She' also has a quite a dangerous peck to go with that mood.

    Crocheted dignity, I have crochet work my great-grandmother created ... I love how it lasts for generations, strong .. as dignity is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Helen, I loved what you shared! I do think of my grandmother's crochet as dignity beautifully woven :D

    I too love how it lasts! Yes, quite the pecking order-yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both, especially the "sunny face"..........enjoyed the humor in the gossip poem....cackle. Perfect accompanying photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I grew up with some hen pecking neighbors or perhaps I should call them beesy buddies. It always went too far...

      Delete
  8. That first poem is just beautiful! The second is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I noticed lately my humor is showing up in my poems-funny, how that happens ;D

      Delete
  9. Everyone needs some Rose Hip hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. a flight risk . . . despite being combed . . .Neat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are brilliant Ella, love this! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete